mercoledì 14 novembre 2007

Podcasts...Let's listen to them!

Hello world!
Let's start my new experience about podcasting quoting a sentence that I found surfing through different podcast websites...So it is "PODCASTING PUTS THE POWER TO COMMUNICATE INTO THE HANDS OF THE INDIVIDUALS". I think it is really powerful and it exactly conveys what podcasts are or at least what they try to be!
I found lot of wonderful podcast websites during my little research and I it was hard choosing just three of them. So in the end I chose for these: (I also leave here the description that I put on del.icio.us)

  • PODCASTING IN EDUCATION: really useful for people who are new to this kind of technology. Here you can find an interesting introduction about what podcasting means (of course also through a podcast!) and eventually you can listen to the other podcasts that concern different articles from the Media. http://chatt.hdsb.ca/~magps/boylit/Podcasting%20in%20Education
  • ENGLISH FEED, EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS: This is a very funny and helpful podcast website that can help you in a funny way to improve your english skills! There are some videos to see and during them some tips appear to help you to better understand them. http://englishfeed.com/
  • LISTEN TO ENGLISH, LEARN ENGLISH: Here every week you can download or just listen to some new podcasts related to grammar and vocabulary. They are really clear and easy to understand. Moreover, in the same website you can also find the whole text in order to better follow the listening. http://www.listen-to-english.com/
  • OPEN CULTURE:That's a cultural podcast website...If you are interested in classic music, science, poetry or literature you will find it really all-worthy. http://www.oculture.com/

So...what I mostly love about podcasting is that it can be very funny listening to audio files or watching videos... I think that searching for podcasts was quite easy to me...I mean...It was something different from the other e-tivitys and I'm sure that most of you will agree with me because video and audio files catch everybody's attention more than a text. Besides, people can really look for every sort of topics and alway find some interesting podcasts...It's so gorgeous! Well...I enjoyed each podcast I listened to...My favourite is the second of my list...When I first went to visit that website I immediately listen to the podcast about the comedy show Python’s Flying Circus because its title was "Laugh and learn" and even if it was a little hard to understand everythink I had a great time...

I'm sure this e-tivity will be succesful and well appreciated...So it has been for me :)

Hugs

Imma



5 commenti:

Elisa Snaidero ha detto...

Hi Imma,
it was hard for me too, to choose only three podcasts...there are so many!!
I mostly liked the second podcast you suggested us called 'English feed, expand your horizon'. I think this is a phantastic website, I mean we can improve our English by listening to very funny sketches. I really enjoyed. I think the sketches of the Monty Python's show are very useful for us. I believe that one of the most difficult thing for a foreigner to learn is how to get and understand irony. The sketch 'I wish to report a Burglary' is a clear example of what i'm trying to say.

Thank you,
Elisa

Selena ha detto...

Hi Imma!

We were both in class last Wednesday too, but we didn’t talk to each other yet. I hope we’ll have the chance to meet tomorrow afternoon! I read your blog and I’d just like to tell you I like it very much!
Let’s say something about last e-tivity. As you do I also think it was the most successful and well appreciated. Even if most of us aren’t fond of technology, it seems that we all have an mp3 player and like listening to music. Podcasting could be a relaxing and amusing way to enjoy our free time learning English.
Among the websites you chose I like the most “English Feed”. I really enjoyed listening to the podcast about President Bush battling with the English language. The great thing is that if you have difficulty in understanding the clip you can take a look at the vocabulary list. It includes some of the expressions President Bush uses and their explanations.

Thank you for your suggestions!

See you tomorrow:)

Selena

Katja ha detto...

Hi Imma,

I really enjoyed exploring your podcast websites. I especially liked the 'English feed' and 'Listen to English'. The first one is great, because has some really funny videos; I especially enjoyed the one about Bush and his English. I think this is a nice way of practicing listening comprehension, besides it provides also a vocabulary list of some phrases to help you understand them better. It's really cool.

The second one is very useful as well, since it offers many podcast of interesting topics and provides transcrpits as well.

Best wishes

Katja

Katja

cappuc cino ha detto...

Hi Imma!
This is the first time I’m writing a comment to your blog, so I’ll do my best!
The website I liked most is openculture because you can even download audiobooks! That’s great… I think you get more involved in the plot. Austen, Carroll, Dickens, Joyce… You have a good choice of literary works. Now I can’t listen to them because my internet connection is very slow, but tomorrow I’ll experience Shakespeare on my Ipod!
See you
Lisa

elenas ha detto...

Hi Imma,
how are you?

Sorry I'm late... I visited the 3rd podcast you suggested and I find it really interesting and complete, I found some good stuff about Radiohead. Thank you, I will post this site in delicious.

Bye,

elenas